Sound cardholders, did you receive a call from 844-332-4899?
Sound Credit Union works with fraud protection services (Falcon) to continuously monitor members’ credit and debit cards for fraudulent activity 24/7/365.
If we detect transactions that occur on your card(s) that are unusual or outside of your standard spending patterns, this may prompt us to call your home or cell phone number associated with your Sound Credit Union account to verify suspicious activity on your card account(s).
Falcon will verify your identity; however they will never ask for your full card number, personal identification number (PIN) or the three numbers on the back of your card.
- If you receive a call from the number 844-332-4899, please pick-up!
- If you are not able to answer, our fraud prevention team will leave a message.
- Should you receive a call from a different number it may be fraudulent.
Our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system, will prompt you to listen and confirm you authorized certain transactions. It will take just a few minutes of your time to answer the questions and either confirm a transaction, or identify them as suspicious and unauthorized.
- Once the transactions have been confirmed by you, your card will be unblocked and available to continue using.
- If you identify fraudulent transactions on this phone call, your card will be blocked as a precaution. Contact us to order a new card and to complete any follow-up paperwork for transactions that posted to your account.
Thank you for your interest and participation in fighting credit and debit card fraud. If unauthorized, fraudulent charges have cleared your account, or you believe you are a victim of a scam, contact us immediately.