Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023
Make sure you have the information below available before you begin your application. There is no option to save and return to an existing application.
- Current transcript
- Information regarding participation in school, community, and/or work activities
- Personal occupation and employer (if applicable)
- Personal or parent/guardian 2020 and 2021 gross annual income before taxes
Please write a brief cover letter/personal statement (one page maximum, double spaced, 250 words maximum) that addresses each of the following:
- What are your academic and/or professional goals and why?
- How will this scholarship make a difference to you?
- Scholarships are awarded one time only and are not renewable. All funds disbursed will be made payable to the student’s college or university of choice.
- Applications will be scored based on six (6) weighted categories: School Activities/Leadership (25%), Community Involvement/Work Experience (20%), Academic Performance (20%), Personal Statement (15%), Financial Need (10%), Length of Sound Credit Union Membership (10%).
- The Sound Credit Union Scholarship Selection Committee reserves the right to interview applicants in person or by telephone.
- Do not include photographs with application. Selected recipients will be asked to send a photograph to be used in various printed publications (i.e. Sound Credit Union newsletter, website, press release).
- In consideration of this scholarship, no applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, or age.
- All Sound Credit Union board members, audit committee members, staff, and their immediate family members are not eligible for consideration.
- By signing this application, you agree that Sound can use your name and photo for publicity purposes unless you specify otherwise.
- Only selected applicants will be notified in writing by Friday, May 19, 2023.
- All financial information provided will remain confidential.