Personal banking services look out for your whole financial well-being.
Identity Theft Monitoring and Recovery
Fraud-Defender is a fully managed identity theft monitoring and recovery program. If you become an ID theft victim, a personal recovery advocate will work on your behalf until your identity is restored as closely as possible to its pre-theft status, saving you time and stress.
- Gain peace of mind with fully managed care
- Get help from licensed, caring professionals
- Covers all types of identity theft—not just your accounts at Sound
- Offers continuous credit monitoring
- Up to $1 million of expense reimbursement insurance
- Individual and family coverage options available
Keys. Cell phone. Account balance. It’s easy to forget stuff. When it does happen, we can help you make your payments with Overdraft Protection.
Cover transactions on your checking account up to your Courtesy Pay limit.
Learn more about Courtesy Pay
Automatic transfer from savings¹
If an overdraft occurs, funds from your savings account will be transferred to cover the draft for a minimal fee of $5 each day a transfer occurs.
Automatic transfer from personal line of credit
If an overdraft occurs, funds are automatically advanced from your available line of credit in $100 increments and transferred to your checking account. Interest is charged daily on the transferred amount. No transfer fee is charged.
Automatic transfer from your credit card
If an overdraft occurs, funds are automatically advanced from your available line of credit in $100 increments and transferred to your checking account. The transfer is treated as a cash advance and the standard cash advance fee as stated in your Credit Card Agreement would apply.
Sound Credit Union offers an option to skip a payment on your credit card, auto, and personal loans up to two times per year. Perfect if you’d like to free up some cash for a special trip or an unexpected expense.
- Each payment you skip requires a $32 fee/finance charge.
- Each skip moves your loan date forward one month from your present due date.
- Available on loans that have satisfied at least six complete monthly billing cycles.
- Must wait at least 3 months between skips.
- Request must be within the payment’s grace period
Want more information? Read our Frequently Asked Questions »
Why wait for pay day to get paid? Early Pay gets you your direct deposit from an employer or government agency up to one day before your “official” pay day and is free for all Sound members.
How does it work?
Many companies and government agencies send your pay electronically before your “official” payday. Early Pay offers credit of your direct deposit to your Sound Credit Union account up to one day early based upon when we receive your payroll from your employer.
Visa Gift Cards
Give them the perfect gift without having to go to the store to pick it out. Visa gift cards are accepted anywhere you see the Visa logo, and can be purchased online or at your local branch.
- Available in whole dollar increments from $25-$1,000
- Instantly issued for your convenience
- One low fee of $3.95 per card regardless of amount
- Available in whole dollar increments from $25-$500
- Choice of 5 card designs
- Cards can be shipped to the recipient for amounts under $400
- Tiered rate fee (includes shipping & handling):
- $5.95 for $25-$249
- $7.95 for $250-$500
Safe Deposit Boxes
Keep valuables secure inside Sound’s vaults. Sound offers five different sizes of boxes at branches across the Puget Sound.*
Call us to find available boxes and locations »
Check Safe Deposit Box pricing »
Notary & Signature Guarantee Services
We offer free notary and signature guarantee services to all Sound members. Impartial and state-licensed representatives are available at all Sound branch locations.
Find your local branch »
Have spare change? Easily deposit it to your Sound account, using our in-branch coin sorters. Members can sort amounts under $200 for free. Amounts over $200 will be charged an 8% fee.
See if coin counting is available at your local branch »