Sound will never ask for your PIN, passwords, account numbers or other sensitive information by phone, email or text message.
Avoid taking quick action when you receive unexpected phone calls, emails or texts.
Caller ID Tricks
Scammers can trick your Caller ID so it looks like a call coming from Sound.
Hang up and call us back at 800.562.8130 to confirm it was really us.
How Sound protects your account online
Sound protects your account in our digital banking platform using TLS encryption, multi-factor authentication and audits.
Transport layer security
Transport layer security (TLS) is the first line of defense for providing secure access your account online. TLS prevents other computers from eavesdropping by encrypting all data transmitted between our site and your computer. Because of this, your browser/device must be capable of using TLS 1.2 in order to access your account online.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) helps prevent unauthorized access to your account online. MFA requires a second method of authentication in addition to username and passcode. This method can be completed by way of a cookie credential stored in your browser or an email/text passcode.
Annual system and security audits
ensure we’re providing you a safe and secure digital banking experience.
What you can do to help protect yourself online
For your security, we recommend you:
- Be skeptical of any unexpected emails or phone calls that encourage you to take quick action.
- Keep your computer software up-to-date, especially security patches.
- Use a reputable brand of anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Beware of fake free anti-virus software/apps.
- Never click on a link or attachment in a message from an unverified source.
- Don’t give out personal information in online or offline surveys.
- Don’t use public computers for sensitive transactions. Likewise, don’t use public/unsecure wi-fi for sensitive transactions.
- Set your browser to not save passwords for financial websites.
- Choose strong passwords, change them periodically, and don’t share them with others.
Marketing email (emails whose primary purpose is commercial) is handled in accordance with the federal CAN-SPAM rule. An “Unsubscribe” link is provided at the bottom of every email message. You may choose to stop receiving Sound Credit Union marketing email messages at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link.
We never sell or share your personal information to independent, third-party marketers.
To keep you up to date with our latest service offerings, we may at times share your information with our affiliates and third-party service providers.
Email regarding important account information is not affected by unsubscribing from marketing/commercial email.
We reserve the right to include some promotional information, as permitted by law, in digital or email notifications of periodic statements and other disclosures or member transaction information.